Provider Allocation and Ages Served
The different age groups that are served by licensed child care providers in the state of Michigan, and the number of children who are 11 years old and younger in a specific neighborhood (according to the 2015 American Community Survey) are represented in the maps below.
Because the family’s child care needs vary greatly by the age of children, and child care providers typically target their services around infant care (ages 0-3), preschool and kindergarten (ages 3-5) and school age (ages 6-11) supports, three maps are created to display the availability of licensed child care providers and the number of children in the neighborhood.
- Select the age group map of interest.
- Select the Age Range Served to see what providers serve the age of interest.
- Select the County that corresponds to your chosen county of interest.
- Hover over the provider dots to see more information about the business name, offering hours and licensed serving capacity.
- Use the buttons at the side of the map to zoom in, zoom out, and perform other tasks.